Its comprehensive range of accessories and outstanding performance make the UNIVERSAL 320 R the ideal centrifuge for almost every application. The centrifuge separates samples reliably at the desired temperature. It can be set to any temperature in the range -20 °C to +40 °C. In addition, it has a fast cool function.
- Max. capacity in a swing-out rotor:
- 4 x 200 ml
- in an angle rotor:
- 6 x 85 ml
- in a hematocrit rotor:
- 24 standard capillaries
- Max. speed (RPM):
- Max. RCF:
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 346 x 407 x 698 mm
- approx. 53 kg
- Infinitely variable from -20 °C to +40 °C
- Frequently used rotors:
- Swing-out rotor for 4 x 100 ml (90°), max. RCF 4,193 – Cat. No. 1494
- Angle rotor for 30 x 1.5 / 2 ml, max. RCF 21,255 – Cat. No. 1689-A
- Angle rotor for 6 x 85 ml, max. RCF 9,509 – Cat. No. 1620A
- Cyto rotor for 6 slide preparations, max. RCF 2,039 – Cat. No. 1626
The UNIVERSAL 320 R is particularly easy to use:
- The operating and display elements of the centrifuge are of ergonomic design
- The current status of all parameters is displayed while the centrifuge is running
- 10 programmable memories
- Switching between the display of speed and the RCF (relative centrifugal force) after entry of the rotor radius in mm
- Parameters can be quickly and easily entered and changed using the rotary button
The UNIVERSAL 320 R contributes to safe working procedures in the laboratory. It has the following features:
- Lid locking
- Emergency lid release
- Motor overheating protection
- Imbalance shut off
- Automatic rotor recognition
- Lid dropping protection
- Chamber overheating protection
The UNIVERSAL 320 R is a practical benchtop centrifuge with an ergonomic design. It is manufactured from high-quality components and has the following features:
- Metal casing
- Metal lid
- Centrifugation chamber of rust-free stainless steel
- View port in the lid
Carriers and adapters for standard tubes up to 100 ml are available for use at low speeds. In addition, this centrifuge can be used for microtitre plates, tubes with a screw cap, blood collection tubes or cytology accessories.
A maximum RCF of 21,382 can be achieved with microlitre tubes. Vessels with higher volumes (up to 85 ml) can also be centrifuged thanks to the high performance of the centrifuge.
It is possible to choose between eleven swing-out rotors, seven fixed-angle rotors and one haematocrit rotor. The fixed-angle and swing-out rotors with accessories are suitable for virtually all applications in everyday use in industrial, research and clinical laboratories.
Safety and comfort in the workplace using carriers with a single-hand clamp lock
The clamp lock of the 1560 carrier can be operated without difficulty with just one hand. The carrier can be comfortably carried by the clamp whether the lid is in place or not since, in contrast to the products from other manufacturers, the clamp is mounted on the carrier and not on the lid. If the lid is in place, the carrier can not only be carried with ease, it is also safe to transport.
- With the clamp in the “open” position the lid can be easily fitted and removed.
- With the clamp in the central position the carrier is sealed to prevent aerosol formation and can be safely carried to the centrifuge, workbench or another working space.
- With the clamp in the “close” position the carrier can be centrifuged without aerosol formation. The absence of aerosols has been verified by the TÜV in accordance with DIN EN 61010, Part 2-020.
- High RCF: up to 9,509 for 85-ml tubes and up to 16,582 for 15-ml tubes and 21,382 for reaction tubes
- Extremely short run-up and run-down times, including rotors running at high speeds
- High-performance cooling of samples
- Fast cool function
- Comprehensive range of accessories: a range of fixed-angle and swing-out rotors
- Simple rotor change
- Motor-driven lid locking
- Ergonomic operating and information panel
- 10 programmable memories
- Low noise levels thanks to quiet operation
The centrifuge is ideal for the centrifugation of samples in the temperature range -20 °C to +40 °C. It is suitable for use in the following fields:
- Medicine: for example, clinical chemistry